Brian Wilson To Release Disney Album
For decades, Brian Wilson’s harmonic, God-given voice and songwriting abilities have stood at the forefront of pop music. The innovative ex-Beach Boy has influenced countless acts, while simultaneously developing a legend that far succeeds his music.
Now, the popular songwriter is pairing with another one of American culture’s most influential entities: Disney.
On October 25, Wilson will release his latest record In the Key of Disney; a collection of unforgettable songs from Disney movies, reinterpreted by Wilson himself. Natural selections, such as “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” (Toy Story), “Bare Necessities” (Jungle Book) and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” (Lion King) will be included.
You won’t have to wait long for a taste. Just go here for a sample of Wilson’s take on the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs classics “Whistle While You Work” and “Heigh Ho.”
The album will be released via Disney Pearl Records.
Meanwhile, Disney is getting its largest music boner since their discovery of Phil Collins.
Speaking of, Wilson now joins a special fraternity of musicians to receive the Disney tattoo on their work, joining songwriters Elton John, Phil Collins, Randy Newman and next up….Slash?
Official Track Listing:
1. You’ve Got a Friend in Me (from Toy Story)
2. Bare Necessities (from The Jungle Book)
3. Baby Mine (from Dumbo)
4. Kiss the Girl (from The Little Mermaid)
5. Colors of the Wind (from Pocahontas)
6. Can You Feel the Love Tonight? (from The Lion King)
7. We Belong Together (from Toy Story 3)
8. I Just Can’t Wait to Be King (from The Lion King)
9. Stay Awake (from Mary Poppins)
10. Heigh-Ho/Whistle While You Work (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
11. When You Wish Upon a Star (from Pinocchio)